As powerful and easy to use as VoiceThread is for teaching and learning, it can be difficult for instructors to determine how to best get started. To help, this Roadmap to Using VoiceThread at Penn State provides instructors interested in using VoiceThread five basic steps to follow to build a solid foundation before creating and delivering their first VoiceThread. This Roadmap is aimed at providing a simple set of steps to follow using the available resources at Penn State as well as VoiceThread.
1. Go to VoiceThread at Penn State website: https://voicethread.psu.edu/
This is the service support website/hub for all Penn State users interested in using VoiceThread. It contains various materials geared to help all users get started with VoiceThread including:
- Quick Start guides for faculty and students
- Video Tutorials
- Help requests and knowledge base articles
2. Sign In and Try it Out
After reviewing materials on the support site, you are ready to give VoiceThread a try. Simply click on the Sign In button on the support site at https://voicethread.psu.edu, enter your credentials at the PSU web access sign-in screen and you will be in VoiceThread.
- Use the doodle tool to draw on an image
- Share a VoiceThread
- Embed a VoiceThread in a blog or webpage
3. Review Examples
4. Design It
- Be ready to refer to https://voicethread.psu.edu to answer questions, review best practices and keep up with the latest VoiceThread news
- Keep your learning objectives in mind and develop rubrics