VoiceThread, an online collaboration, discussion and presentation tool available to all Penn State instructors and students, switched to a new, enhanced user interface on December 22, allowing instructors to use the updated version for the spring 2015 semester.
The new interface includes the following updates:
- Comments are now shown with an icon for each individual comment, all along the left side.
- Drag and drop reordering of comments now available.
- VoiceThreads are now displayed 35 percent larger.
- Comments can be added via video without having an account.
- Closed captioning (CC) can be uploaded.
- There is no longer a restriction on text comments.
- More actions can be performed using drag and drop.
- Higher resolution.
Please note: If you have embedded VoiceThreads in the past, you will need to re-embed them using the new embed code after transition to the new user interface.
A demo of the new interface and an FAQ are available at https://voicethread.com/trynewvt/. Full details on the updates included in the new interface are available at the New VoiceThread Features Google Doc athttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1e4OurhWAT8czYTWVIBG3ouK72iON1MbBh0k_IkjD0Z4/edit?pli=1.
Two new case studies for using VoiceThread are also now available: VoiceThread for Blended Courses in Math and Science featuring Neyda Abreu, Associate Professor of Mathematics and Geology at Penn State DuBois and VoiceThread for Research Proposals featuring Vivian Yenika-Agbaw, Professor of Education at Penn State University Park.
For questions regarding VoiceThread, please visit http://voicethread.psu.edu/support/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.