After a summer of anticipation, VoiceThread recently released it’s VoiceThread Mobile App. They have done a great job of transferring the VoiceThread user experience to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This is an exciting development for those with VoiceThread at Penn State accounts because this app is very well designed for the mobile user experience. I encourage you to see the VoiceThread Mobile page for details and if you are a user of VoiceThread now, go right to iTunes store, download it and try it out.
Here is the quick information:
- Cost: FREE
- Where to get it: Apple App Store
- Platforms: iOS (runs on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch)
- Account integration: Works with your VoiceThread at Penn State account (see below to see how)
Some Things to Know
Here is a quick list of things to know for VoiceThread at Penn State users before getting started using the VoiceThread Mobile App:
1. Activate Your VoiceThread at Penn State account first. Before trying the VoiceThread Mobile App, be sure you have created your VoiceThread at Penn State account first. If you haven’t done that, go to http://voicethread.psu.edu/ and click “Sign In”. This will take you to the web access sign in screen. Sign in and you will enter VoiceThread. It’s that simple.
2 How to Sign In as a VoiceThread at Penn State user. Upon sign in, there is a step where you will first need to tell VoiceThread that you are a Penn State user. Here’s how:
2. Tap the “Account” area at the bottom of the App.
5. Enter “psu” in the Custom Domain field.
6. Click the blue “Save” button at the top of the screen.
7. Tap the blue “Done” button at the top of the screen.
This will direct you to the PSU web access sign-in page, where you can sign into your account normally. Once you sign in, you’ll be able to proceed with using your account in the App.
3. Check out the Mobile Support information.
For questions on using the mobile App, go to VoiceThread’s How To/Mobile Support page
. There is great information on how to use the App and VoiceThread updates it frequently.