Recently, I was asked to present to eEducation Council on the status of the VoiceThread at Penn State implementation. I decided to use VoiceThread for my presentation visuals. To do this, I created the slides in Keynote, exported it as a pdf document and then imported the pdf to VoiceThread. VoiceThread automatically creates the slides for you.
My next steps were a bit more fun because I wanted to try out the different ways you can view/participate in a VoiceThread. First, I made a copy of the presentation and added narration audio to the slides. This would be for those that did not make it to the live presentation.
My next step was to export the narration audio version to the two available export formats: High Quality and Mobile. When it’s all said and done, I now have 4 ways for you to consume this VoiceThread. Here they are:
  1. Live. The actual online, ‘live’ VoiceThread for others to comment on on the VoiceThread site.
  2. Same live VoiceThread but the embedded version. Shown below this list. You can make comments on it.
  3. Exported movie: High Quality version. This is a QuickTime movie of the presentation. It’s no longer interactive but still effective.
  4. Exported movie: Mobile version. This is an mp4 formatted version for playback on mobile device. It is a smaller version movie but it’s neat to see how it can be consumed in this way.
Embedded Version
Check out these versions and start to think about the different possibilities as a designer. I think these capabilities will be of interest as we approach 2011 and the challenges we continue to overcome. Holla back!
Share →